Monday, November 23, 2015

Nov 23, 2015

So. 2 things to start off. Thanks to Elder Bingham and him having p-day on Saturday's found out the flipn Herriman High Football team won the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!! HHS BABY!!! #gorandall #pforpierce #frontrowshmows
When I heard that I was so pumped but so upset not to see it! But atta baby H-town. And against Lone Peak! Good thing I'm serving a mission because I would be going crazy if I was there haha! AND THEN! MY BROTHA, MY BROTHA! IS A MUSTANG!!! YES.YES.YES! I get to see him play ball! Nobody knows how pumped I am to see Cart-man playing the sport of the gods... no just kidding, that's kinda apostasy haha! But proud of ya Cart! Herriman basketball baby. Man this was one good week at my favorite school. #hhs #herrimantakeshonduras

But speaking of apostasy! Come on people. So on the mission a lot of people around you kinda do what the pharisees did with exaggerating the commandments and rules...now I know, and we all know obedience is the first law of heaven and we're trying to become perfect and I kinda had an inner battle within myself this week about this because something happened that made me upset and made me think "if we're all gonna be perfect, aren't we all just going to be robots with no fun?" And so I studied and have been praying about it and now I understand. I don't understand/know what happens when we enter into the Father's presence and become perfect, but here, we are trying to show God we want it by our obedience. And yes, we need to be obedient. If not, then we are not convincing the Lord we want eternal life. But then comes the comment/tip that my aunt/uncle Kasey gave me before the mission... "Lose yourself in the work, but don't lose yourself. Be your self." That's so important I think because so many missionaries are crazy with the rules and become almost robots, losing love for the people and the work. And then replacing it with a programed frame of mind when Heavenly Father doesn't want that! We need to show we are willing to obey but also willing to shine that light that he has given us instead of hiding it beneath a wall of rules that don't exist. So just remember that future missionaries. Be yourself, but be your best self.

But ya! Me** and An** who we baptized are doing great. We had a stake conf. and I think my new favorite song is "Have I Done Any Good in the World Today?"

Alsoooo because this week is Thanksgiving I'm gonna do a list of what I'm thankful for.:)
Our Savior Jesus Christ, Heavenly Parents, Earthly Parents, blankets, icy hot, water, High School, My fam, Christmas, platanos, music, paintings of Christ, da uke, Mama J, Papa J, Carter J, Savvy J, Luke J, Mimi, Papa, Nana, Papa, Ricky, Lee, Dawn, Cyndy, Lee, Kasey, Taygin, Knox, Vanilla Rafer, Jason, Ashton, Aurora, Tritan, Adam, Indy, Nick, Lauren, Mikey, Little Ricky, Aiden, Alliyah, Audrey, Ambree, Jaren, Oaks, Kimmy, Dan, Maddie, Matt, Sissa, Addi, Emery, Hals, Ry, G-pa Bean, G-ma Bean, G-pa and G-ma Johnson, G-pa and G-ma Uribe, G-pa and G-ma Sroka, Bevaly Smith, Cessia Smith, Fam. Jimenez-Reyes, Gustavo, Mario and F.Flores, Fam. Raudales, Fernando, and Esteffani, Valentina, Brittany, Tiffany, Ingris, Miguel, Maria, Vanessa, Pres. Mejia, Fam Martinez, Denis, Danieca, Mama, David, Fam. Treso, Modesto, Kevin, Jessica, Celeste, Tuki, Jean Carlos, Pres Zunica, Fam. Mendoza, Fam. Mesa, German, Jacki, Melvin, David, Bryan, Victor, Andrea, Eda, Joshua, Rubia, Elder Borge, Elder Garcia, Elder Montejo, Elder Gonazales, Elder Montero, Elder Paiz, Elder Hale, Elder De la Rosa, Elder Terrazas, and many more people I can't fit on the list.:)

Also interesting thing that I learned this week. I think I always knew this but not in the way that I learned this week! So in D&C 6:16 we learn that God is the only being who knows what we think... so Satan has no idea what we are thinking! Awesome. Joseph Smith taught that "the devil has no power over us only as we permit him." Soooo remember that so we can have good thoughts! Go agency!
Love this work. Love the Gospel.
-Elder Alec Johnson

Scrip of da week Alma 37:6
We were signed by Honduras!
The church has the greatest youth!
Best district and district leader!

No comments:

Post a Comment