Monday, April 6, 2015

April 6th 2015

This week was nuts. Just nuts haha. 1st off you guys are soo lucky. We saw only the conference yesterday morning.. and that's because the internet wasn't working good in the church so at 9 at night on Saturday President Mejias called us and told us we had to go on a bus to Guiamaca to watch it 20 min away, and so we had to call all the members and it was crazy. But the messages were so amazing. Prodigal son my fav. We'll get the Liahona here in a month and I cant wait to see what else was said.
But ya! GOT MY NEW COMP YAYAYAYA! ELDER GONZALEZ!! He's soooo awesome! He's new, he came with Elder Garcia and it's great! From Panama and we are great buds. Sooo they extended my district.. so now we have 4 companionships.. and one is the zone leaders.. and one of those zone leaders is my dad.. Elder Borge.. hahah sooo ya! great guy and works hard but man he's crazy.
But on Wednesday Hermana Gonzalez got bit by a stinkin scorpion in the morn so we ran over there and took her to a clinic and she's all good now and Hermana Rojas killed it but it was pretty carazyyy ha.
Then the next day we moved houses.. Elder Montejo does the contract, wants to move, and then leaves the area and we do everything and the house is... well it's a house at least! stinkin montejo... I like it but I dont like at 5 in the morn when a million roosters go crazy like a million alarm clocks. I sleep with earplugs now, haha but the view is nice! Also, that same day I got my 1st kiss 2 years ago so there's that gossip if you guys wanna talk about it. hahaha 
But this has been one of the hardest times of my life. Haven't had baptisms in like 2 months and we are trying to clean up the mess that the missionaries made before. Ok when Elder Montero (my old ZL and hes just the greatest) was here he just killed it! Baptized like crazy and got the number of people at church to 100! That was like 8 months ago. The missionaries after stopped working and visiting a lot, and now we have a buttload of less actives and my comp and I have just been going crazy this week. Finding, walking, and walking, and walking and we do so much but then nobody comes to church.. 
Yesterday I was just pretty down, and I kept thinking how much we are working and how hard we are working and nobody takes it for what it is.. and then that made me think of the Savior and I learned a lot about the Atonement in that split second. Does our Savior feel the same with us sometimes? That he gave his life for us and atoned for us and the majority of us don´t appreciate the beauty of the Atonement for what it is? We say we´ll repent later or that we don´t need His divine help. And not only that but like Elder Bednar always talks about, is that the Atonement is there to give us strength and help us become even more better. I learned a lot last night and challenge you guys to see the Atonement in a different way. Because Christ did his part. Now he waits for us to use it to the fulness! He wants us happy! and We are happy when we rely on the Atonement of Christ. He lives. He loves us. Gracias a El tenemos esperanza. Tenemos fe. Y podemos ser feliz. I love you guys and hope you see and use the Atonement for what it is this week!

This week I'm thankful for Easter, semana santa, day of service in Utah, my new comp, my new friends the chickens, cold showers, the general authorities, and the Atonement.

Love ya all! oh and heres the greatest quote from my fav author since childhood the Mr Roald Dahl! this guy KNOWS

--
-Elder Alec Johnson

¨And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don´t believe in magic will never find it.¨-Roald Dahl

MATEO 5:14 SOIS LA LUZ DEL MUNDO!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment