Thursday, January 29, 2015

January 26th 2015

Hey All!
This week was pretty nuts! 1st Ma** wasn't baptized this week because a little thing happened. But her new date is 14th de Feb. (the last Saturday I'm here) But man. She is just super faithful and wants the gospel so bad! She also made us fish yesterday and it was super good. Was grateful for a little change in the diet! We only eat rice, beans, and tortillas! Ha! But we did have 2 baptisms! An** and Sa**! Was pretty nuts because they told us they were moving but then on Saturday, they said we're waiting, so we had those 2! These kids are super crazy..ha! Like really nuts! But the baptism was super cool. Elder Garcia and I both got to baptize them because they asked us. Sure do love Elder Garcia. Hate thinking about leaving him! We're like Batman and Robin here in La Vega! He teaches me so much about what's important in life. But funny story...well not really funny at all, but we saw a kid get hit by a rock dead center in the head and a flipping adult did it! We were like..."what the!" and then there was almost world war 3 because everyone saw it and it's in the really poor area, so things got heated real fast...almost called the cops, but ya, not sure why I shared that!
We also had entrevistas with President Fortuna so it was nice to talk to him! I am going to miss him so much. Soooo powerful.
But emotionally, this week was pretty hard. Got a little sick at the beginning of the week, kept having stupid dreams about home (ha!) and our district leader is super baggy (or trunky) and I went on splits with him. Just was a tough week! And we're soooo tired. Never worked so hard in my life. Every day we give our all. Talked to Pres. about that and he said the cure to tiredness is to work harder. The man is brilliant. But thought a lot about my Savior this week and the Atonement and how He took upon, not only the sins of the world, but pains, feelings, heartaches, everything. And so He had to feel every feeling we feel. So I realized that He must have felt fear. And that to me was new. That our Savior had to be afraid, or say, FEEL fear in order to "suffer for very pain and affliction and temptation of every  kind" (Alma 7:11-14) and then I thought about when He started to suffer in the Garden and when He asked our Father in Heaven if there was another way...and then it kinda hit me. Jesus Christ created the world, He created the Garden of Gethsemane, and then He had to suffer in the same garden He created. Only my thoughts but I think he might have felt fear when He started the Atonement and that's why He asked if there was another way. But the great thing is that HE DID IT! He truly overcame the World! For us. For you.
So when you feel fear, feel despair, it's alright. He's felt the same. Just keep enduring and relying on Him. He's there for you. And as missionaries, we represent Him. People rely on us and what a sacred calling it is to be a missionary for the true Church of Jesus Christ. Love you all.

I'm thankful for repentance, Pres. Fortuna, sleep, medicine, the U.S., my Savior, my scriptures, and a testimony that no one can take from you.

Have a great week!

-Elder Johnson


my comp climbed a tree.... I probably shouldnt have let him but it was sweet haha

No comments:

Post a Comment